New Library in Wexford installs RFID self-service and security solution
Following the successful tender bid, Library Systems Ireland met with Wexford Library staff and agreed the implementation schedule of a RFID solution for this new library. 92,000 items of stock were tagged over a 5 week period, in 3 separate locations. The conversion process was completed 1 week ahead of schedule.
Installation of 5 Self-service terminals and 2 gate arrangements was completed on the 2nd of October 2012. The opening of the library took place two weeks later when the Wexford public got their first chance to use the magnificent new library in Mallin St. The three story building of a glass and metal construct offers patrons a bright and spacious library in the centre of Wexford town.
Although not used to self-service, library users found the new terminals easy to use and convenient. High volumes of people came to see the new building and try out the Bibliotheca machines. Security gates gave additional security to the library stock and people counters gave library staff details of the numbers of visitors to the library.
- Library users, not used to an automated solution, found the terminals easy to use and quick to process their transactions.
- RFID gates provided security to the library stock
- People counters gave indications of the number of people using the library.
- The attractive design and customized colours of the new equipment blended well with the new library décor
- Higher usage of automated issue and discharge means staff can spend more time with patrons
- Project was implemented on schedule and well ahead of time of the opening.