Gorey Library installs first self-service terminal in Ireland.
Wexford library decided to upgrade the self-service equipment in Gorey Library to a RFID solution. The conversion of 38,000 items of stock started in early September 2012 and was completed 11 working days later. A team of 3 worked in the library during normal opening hours with a minimum of disruption to library staff and patrons.
Two self-service terminals complete with payment facilities were installed on the 30th October and they were ready for use by the public by 1pm on the same day. The Gorey public already accustomed to self-service found these terminals easy to use and were delighted to be able to pay fines and view account details without having to go to the desk.
- Library users find the terminals’ instructions quicker, clearer and easier to use.
- Being able to recognise all books together enables a quicker issue and discharge time.
- Payment facilities reduce the number of patrons who need to go to the desk, leaving library staff free to spend more time with their customers.
- Change given by the terminals is an added convenience for customers.
- Project was implemented within budget and on schedule.